Sunday, May 3, 2015

Motel Tender Mercies

[April 17 - 30, 2015]

While we were staying at the motel, on many days, I would be there studying my Spanish, and catching up on things when the cute cleaning ladies would come in to do "light" cleaning. 

After realizing that their native language was Spanish, I decided to practice my Spanish by communicating with them as best as I could. Their eyes would light up, and they would be more than willing to practice with me, and let me help them practice their English.

We were also able to enjoy fun time with Sawyer and Sam, Andrew and Matt, Stacy and Emily at the pool. We also got free breakfast each day, and we realized that they also served a dinner in the evenings three days a week. So we were well-fed.

So, despite the fact that we weren't in our own home, we tried to make the best of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment