Thursday, June 11, 2015

Condo Closed - Memories of Mother Living Here

[June 8, 2015] Monday

Phew! Cutting it close. The papers were all signed today, and we no longer have to worry about what's going to happen with the condo. We have lots of sweet memories of having Mary, Molly's mother, living here and sharing her life with us.

We bought the condo in August of 2006 when Mary moved out here to Utah. It has been such a sweet blessing to be able to visit with her, hear her sing to us, laugh with us, and share all kinds of chocolate treats. Molly really has appreciated being able to spend so much time with her sweet mother. 

As the years have taken their toll on her eyesight and balance, we have been truly grateful that she has maintained her sharp mind and wit. It has been such a pleasure to be part of her life.

Mary Glidewell - Spring 2015 with her favorite trees in full bloom (her "copse")

This is Molly now. I just have to add my part here. Having my mother live so close has been a dream come true for me. My parents went on a mission right after we got married and I never lived close to them again after that. If I had known they were not coming back to Utah I would have spent more time with them. But being a new bride, I wanted to be independent. I was giddy when I learned she would be moving just 2 miles away and that giddy feeling never diminished in the 81/2 years she was here.

We had so much fun together. We swam most everyday, sang to everyone whether they wanted to hear us or not. We tried to be of service every day. She helped me tend grandchildren, who loved playing with Super Grandma. She is the best listener and all of us have needed her loving, compassionate non-judgmental ear, as well as her wise counsel. I even got to drive her and her boyfriends on some dates.

We attended the temple together and tried to do family history. I would attend her parties etc. and she would attend all of mine. My friends would tell me how lucky I was to have such a wonderful mother and I better appreciate her. Her friends would tell her how lucky she was to have me for a daughter. We both knew how lucky we were and I don't think we took each other for granted. I learned so much from her and continue to learn from her everyday.

My sisters and I have a name for the one that gets to be with mother, "TOTH" meaning The One That's Here. Sometimes I would call myself TOOTH because I was the only one that was here and she was stuck with me. I will always cherish the time I got to be TOTH. If I didn't know a mission was the right thing for Charlie and me to do right now I would not give up being TOTH. But I have wonderful sisters and any one of them would be a great TOTH.

It is Nancy's turn now and her family will be blessed to have Mother so close. I love you dear Mother. You have blessed my whole family more than you will ever know. We are so grateful to
have you in our lives. You are my SHERO!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. This was so sweetly written mom. What a tender tribute to the time we all got to have with Grams.

    ReplyDelete